The Roland IU-1000F UV-LED flatbed printer is designed for fast, efficient printing on a variety of substrates, including 4 ft. x 8 ft. rigid boards weighing up to 99 pounds. Created for sign and display professionals, the IU-1000F can print vibrant, detailed graphics directly onto thin or thick boards, including PETG, PVC board, foam board, wood, corrugated board, aluminum plate, and more.
It can also print directly onto sheets of leather, fabric, or canvas for custom decor or creative displays. Users can also print graphics onto tabletops, plywood, MDF, and other boards to create decorated furniture.
With its heavy-duty flatbed chassis and vacuum bed, the IU-1000F was designed to handle heavy metal and wooden materials with ease.
Printheads and Inks
The printer uses 12 printheads in staggered three-row arrangement. To accommodate thicker materials, the printheads can be raised four inches above the heavy-duty flatbed chassis and vacuum bed.
Each printhead has a 1,280 nozzles along with banding and mottling prevention features that support high-resolution images up to 635 x 1800 dpi.
The IU-1000F uses high-density CYMYK, Gloss, and White inks that are GREENGAURD Gold certified for safe use in a variety of indoor environments, including healthcare facilities and schools.
The white ink is ideal for printing true-color graphics on clear or colored surfaces. Users can also use the gloss and white inks to create textural and dimensional effects on the surface of the print.
An optional primer ink can be applied to promote the ink’s adhesion to materials such as as acrylic, glass, and ceramics.
The IUF-1000F offers multiple speed and performance options, including:
- Media ionizer to ensure ink-firing accuracy on that generate a lot of static (such as corrugated board);
- State-of-the-art UV-LED curing lamps save energy and extend lamp life;
- Variable zone vacuum can be applied to four different sections of the flatbed, to maximize hold where it’s needed most;
- Media alignment pins ensure consistent placement of multiple boards and double-sided panels;
- Premium RIP software for tiling, scaling, cropping, and other functions;
- Roland Print Control Center for easy management of machine’s movements, speeds, voltage, and head cleaning;
- One-touch, automated daily printhead cleaning;
- The ability to print on one board or multiple boards at the same time;
- Two-Year Trouble-Free Warranty
The prnter can average about 35 4 ft. x 8 ft. rigid boards per hour in “Draft Mode, 15 boards per hour in “Standard” print mode, and about 10 boards in near-photographic “Quality” mode.
Roland DGA Corporation In Irvine, California provides marketing, sales, distribution, and service in North America for Roland DG Corporation of Hamamatsu, Japan. Roland DG’s inkjet printers, print/cutters and cutting machines are widely used to create promotional items such as banners, signs, vehicle graphics, stickers, and labels. The devices are also used to provide customization services for apparel and promotional and personal products such as smartphone cases.
For more information about Roland IU-1000F large-format UV-LED flatbed printer, visit: rolanddga.com/iu-1000f. For more information about Roland DGA and the complete Roland product line, visit: rolanddga.com
Roland DGA announced this printer on October 22, 2019